Happy Monday Morning, y'all. Hope it's off to a more than perfect start! It's raining here in Charles, which to me is perfection. So I'm sitting here, sipping my morning coffee, making a plan for my busy, work-filled week, and feeling super blessed that I've been given the chance to pursue my biggest, wildest dream of owning my own design business. I'm not sure I'll ever stop pinching myself :)
It's rare that I get this personal on Maple + Shade, but I wanted to share a little something with you. And stay with me, as it may not seem entirely relevant...but for four years I've struggled with acne. Somehow, someway I got through high school and college with not a pimple in sight, only to turn 22 and suffer an infestation (ok, maybe I'm being a bit dramatic) of pimps (as I like to call them...yes, sadly, we're that close) on my chin (could there be a worse place?!) Anyway, after countless prescriptions and dermatologist visits, I've finally found a product line that actually works, and after 2 weeks of using the regimen, my acne is completely under control. And get this...it's not a prescription.You have no idea the excitement this instills in me. And my mirror is happy, as it's no longer being neglected.
I'm also worried about aging, as the pool just-so-happened to be my babysitter growing up. And yes, I probably have sun damage galore. I've recently learned that genetics is only responsible for 20% of our aging...the rest of that 80% is entirely up to us, and the decisions we make regarding our skin. Isn't that crazy?!
So, enter Rodan + Fields, the anti-aging skincare line that was created by the same two doctors who developed Proactiv. Yes, Proactiv. That, to me, means R + F is nothing but legit. So I thought I'd give their 'Unblemish' regimen a whirl, which is exactly the product line that cleared up my acne in no time. I've also been using their flagship 'Anti-Age' line, which is working hard to fight those fine lines and hints of sun damage I'm starting to see. So, not only do I have bump-free skin now-a-days, it's soft and 'glowy' (more so than it's ever been) thanks to the ahh-mazing Anti-Age creams.
Now, how is this relevant to the blog, you might wonder? Well, I've actually decided to partner with Rodan + Fields as an Independant Consultant. Not only will this allow me to help other women change their skin into everything they want it to be (and therefore boost their self-confidence), it allows me to work part-time from home and collect a steady (healthy) income as I do so. In essence, by working with Rodan + Fields, I've been given the chance to continue the pursuit of my design dreams, and run that design biz. Y'all don't know this, but I was on the verge of shutting Hannah Maple Studio down, succumbing to an overworked/underpaid full-time job, and give up on my dream. And then R + F entered the pic, and the rest is history: I'm currently in the midst of designing an entire house (my biggest project yet), with several interior projects going on as well. Life is good, and I'm more than ecstatic to take on this business venture with the founding dermatologists and other amazing men and women behind Rodan + Fields.
So, thanks to R+F, Maple + Shade will continue to be published, and Hannah Maple Studio will continue to design. On a side note, if any of you lovely readers are intrigued by any of Rodan + Fields products, or interested in earning some extra income, pay a visit to my facebook page or feel free to send me an email at email@example.com.
And cheers to the pursuit of your very own dreams. I absolutely hope they come true!
I'm so glad to hear that you are keeping your business! Designing is no doubt where you should be, you have a great eye for unique styles! I'm sure it won't always be easy, but if it is what you love it won't ever feel like work!Here's to following dreams.
"Do what you love. Know your own bone. Gnaw at it, bury it, unearth it, and gnaw it still" Henry David Thoreau.
Thank you, Carrie! That's so wonderful for you to say, and I very much appreciate it :) And I love that quote. It might just have to get printed out and tacked to the bulletin board. Thank you!!
cheers to dreams!!!
xo the egg out west.
Yay! So glad that something worked out! I love keeping up with you and your design projects!
Post a Comment